Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

lemongrass



The first Philippine herbal tea that I took was Tanglad tea or lemongrass. My cholesterol level made me a first honor in the blood chemistry department. I would get high marks both in cholesterol and uric acid subjects. I knew I had to cut down on my sweets and nuts but that is easier said than done....so I decided to take the tea instead.

When you make the tea, be sure to wash the stalks very well, especially the lower white part of the lemongrass. It is only this part that should be made into tea, you can always alter the taste by adding or lessening the water. You can also add raw wild honey to improve the taste.

3 comments:

D said...

I love lemongrass juice but I still have to try the tea!!! :)

Kristina M. said...

I've tried some lemongrass iced tea with honey at Bohol Bee Farm. It's delicious! I didn't know it had such great benefits. Thanks for sharing, you have a great blog!

Becky said...

Thanks Daphne and Kristina.