Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

hola guava

 

The past two weeks, I have been obsessed with guava leaves. I think it all started when my 2 year old granddaughter had a wound as big as a one peso coin. No one remembers how she got it , but when I got the call from my daughter about the wound, I had racing thoughts on what  natural poultice to put on it.

I zeroed in on the guava, simply because I would remember my mother reminding me to use the tea of guava leaves to heal the wounds of natural childbirth.

An empty lot near our home has a huge guava tree, I decided to pick some  leaves, the  young light green ones not the dark green leaves . My granddaughter was taking her afternoon nap, I washed the guava leaves with organic Victoria soap to remove any residue from pollution and pounded them. I then put them on her wound and covered it with a gauze. Thank God, my son in law wasn't asking what was on her leg. I asked the yaya to try to keep the guava poultice overnight .

The next morning , I called the yaya to put the guava leaves again..... After  two days, the wound was completely healed. Was I imagining it ? Or was it a miracle? I always marvel at all these natural gifts from God! So many possibilities, we just have to look around us.

2 comments:

Precious said...

I agree :) we used to have this huge "bayabas" tree on my lola's old house and I remember my dad using its leaves on our (me and my elder sisters) "growing wounds" works wonders talaga. I love your blog :)

Becky said...

Hi Precious, thanks for your comment!