Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Headaches

Last year, before going on a short trip, I kept on getting recurring headaches. It went on everyday for about a week .  I kept on praying and thought that it was a sign from God that I shouldn't take a trip. Perhaps God had better plans for me - Something else but not the trip. Every morning , I would wake up with a headache , then it would disappear , then it would come back again.

I started doing my research on natural cures for headaches and I realized that I was dehydrated and it was possibly  causing my headaches.

An Ayurvedic doctor told me not to take any liquid during my meals. He says that the liquids would wash down the enzymes that comes with the saliva and he had so many explanations regarding the theory which sounded right to me but I can't seem to remember anymore. He suggested that I take my water 30 minutes after the meal!

I have been following his advise for years but during the headache period, I realized that I FORGOT to drink water 30 minutes after the meals. As a matter of fact , I completely forgot to drink water because I would get so preoccupied with other things.

When I started taking my 8 to 10 glasses of water, my headaches disappeared. I guess God's plan was for me to remember to drink water and nothing else. Life is really so simple after all.

So before you drink that painkiller, try drinking lots of water first.


1 comment: