Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Camote Tops

A year ago, I would notice that every time, my granddaughter would have an insect bite, the mark would stay for a while. I took her to Boy Fajardo to check on a huge bite, he pulled down her lower eyelid and said that she was slightly anemic because her lower eyelids were quite pale. He suggested that I include ' pulang talbos na kamote or alugbati ' in her diet. The iron content in these veggies would help her.

A week later , my granddaughter developed fever , she had to have a  blood test and results were negative for  dengue, but yes she was slightly anemic.

I would always end up buying camote tops in exaggerated quantities so that one day, the sales staff asked me what I was going to do with them. The question caught me by surprise, I replied
" I have a flower arrangement project " .

No comments: